When you’ve just started your business, funds can be tight!
In an ideal world, you would have funds to allocate to marketing and driving business, but in the real world this isn’t always the case.
So, if you haven’t already, here’s some free ways that you can start making your website visible for absolutely no cost to you (other than your time).
- Start a Google My Business Listing
This is a great free tool to get your business listed on the internet so people will be able to start finding you. List your details and away you go. You can start one HERE.
- Sign up to free directory listings
These are great for people using their search engines looking for local businesses. Most of these have a free listing option. If you have a website, these will help with SEO rankings as well. Examples below, but there’s countless others.
- Yellow Pages
- Hi Pages
- True Local
- Toowoombadarlingdowns.com.au (Toowoomba & Surrounds)
- Toowoomba.com.au (Toowoomba & Surrounds)
- Start networking
There are countless ways to do this, so start talking about yourself! If you have trouble with that, here’s another blog that might help.
- Attend local networking events
- Reach out to other business that have a similar target market as you, but aren’t a direct competitor. – for example if you are do sports massage, you could connect with a local gym that aligns with your values and target market.
- Run a free short seminar at, or, with another business
- Start a Facebook or Instagram Page:
Share your page and let all your friends and Family know what you are doing. Share it on your personal page too because business pages get very small visibility due to the algorithms.
- Join Some Local Facebook Networking Groups
There are countless groups that you can join that are specific to your location. I’ve listed some Toowoomba and Darling Down local groups below, but if your elsewhere, just search your area.
- Oh Shopit! – Toowoomba Shopping, Services & Locally Made.
- Toowoomba Business Community
- Toowoomba and Darling Downs
- Even Things for Sale pages can work
So, hopefully this should get you started. Although these options aren’t necessarily going to swamp you with an overwhelming number of requests, it’s a great way to get started. And if you are just getting started, you’ve got this! And remember to keep hustling.
Also, if you want some ideas for social media, join my mailing list below! (If you haven’t already).